ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PROGRAMMES
The training and certification of environmental health personnel in the West African sub region is conducted by the West African Health Examinations Board (WAHEB) through various Schools/Colleges of Health Technology. The practice of Environmental Health Professionals is regulated by the Environmental Health Officers Registration Council of Nigeria established by Act 11 of 2002.
PHYLOSOPHY OF THE PROGRAMME
The programme is designed to train environmental health officers who are properly educated and who will constitute a formidable force to deliver preventive health services to the community.
The training is anchored on the belief that the environment plays a vital role in man’s health and that environmental health control is the bedrock for a lasting health care delivery.
Graduate of this programme will therefore be properly grounded in the understanding and communicating with the society and be able to practice at the community level.
OUR GOALS, OBJECTIVES AND PROGRAMMES
- Our Goal
- Our Objectives
- Our Programmes
GOAL OF THE PROGAMME
The programmes in Environmental Health is designed to produce Environmental Health personnel who will be able to organize and ensure healthy environment in homes, communities and work places, thereby bequeathing to the public a sustainable level of health to enable them live and perform optimally in their community.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGAMME
- To train health personnel with scientific knowledge and professional skill of taming the environment to meet the contemporary health needs of the community.
- To train environmental health personnel on the principles and practice which is aimed towards ensuring sanitary and healthy environment.
- To create awareness on how to improve standard of living and prevent disease through sanitation by regulating human activities towards his surrounding.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PROGRAMMES OFFERED IN THE COLLEGE INCLUDE;
- Environmental Health Technology (EHT)
- National Diploma in Environmental Health (ND 2 years)
- Higher National Diploma in Environmental Health (HND 2 years)
- Environmental Health Technician (EVT 3 years)
- Environmental Health Assistant (EHA 2 years)